The Victory Electric Cooperative Assn., Inc. in Dodge City, Kan., is seeking a full-time administrative assistant who will provide support services to the CEO, senior staff and board of trustees. An administrative assistant supports the CEO to the fullest extent possible, enabling him/her to concentrate on his/her vision of the cooperative. This position will accomplish administrative tasks, provide efficiencies, keep distractions to a minimum and anticipate needs, while performing confidential and other administrative support services to the CEO, senior staff and trustees. This includes planning and executing all board meetings; providing administrative support during and in between meetings and acting as a liaison between the board and senior staff; and keeping official corporate records to ensure necessary and critical documents are retained.
- Perform confidential and other specialized administrative functions for the board of trustees, CEO and attorneys. Requires special knowledge of CEO’s views.
- Coordinate with senior staff and CEO on a variety of administrative activities including the preparation of correspondence, reports, presentations, maintenance of files, receptionist duties and related activities.
- Handle business and confidential mail, write routine correspondence on own initiative, and process communications for CEO.
- Provide administrative and secretarial support services for the board president and other board members.
- Maintain all legal files and follow-up on pending issues as required/requested by the CEO and senior staff.
- Manage CEO's calendar and independently schedule appointments, receive calls and visitors.
- Maintain multiple company calendars for staff and all employees.
- Advise CEO and senior staff of timelines and deadlines of projects whenever possible.
- Arrange programs, events or conferences by arranging for facilities, caterer, issuing information or invitations, coordinating speakers, and controlling event budget.
- Direct the preparation of records such as agenda, notices, minutes and resolutions for all board and corporate meetings.
- Coordinate and upload monthly board reports to BoardPaq. Required to attend all board meetings and act as the recording secretary.
- Act as custodian of corporate documents and records and act as a notary for cooperative business.
- Direct preparation and filing of corporate legal documents with government agencies.
- Compose and prepare confidential correspondence, reports, and other complex documents.
- Plan and coordinate activities such as safety meeting meals, retirement receptions, lunches, holiday events and other employee activities.
- Update all NRECA and cooperative subscriptions to magazines, newsletters and other publications.
- Transcribe and/or maintain board meeting minutes, committee meeting minutes, and senior staff meeting minutes.
- Distribute certain board and management related mail and other communications.
- Receive and compile all reimbursement vouchers for board trustees.
- Assist and coordinate preparation and activities for annual meeting. Prepare pertinent director election activities and articles of incorporation or bylaw change needs.
- Provide support for the annual meeting, including coordinating nominating committee functions, receiving petitions, facilitating counting of ballots, and support trustee candidates, such as scheduling of pictures, biography, and other materials with the communications department.
- Arrange complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries for CEO and board of trustees, and compile documents for travel-related meetings.
- Improve personal knowledge and abilities by reviewing newsletters and other publications and attending meetings and seminars pertaining to the duties of the position.
- Work well and promotes positive relationships with all personnel, members and the general public. Perform all other duties as requested to fulfill the objectives of the cooperative.
- Purchase and maintains supply levels of all office and kitchen supplies, operation and engineering departments uniforms, and other supplies as necessary or requested.
- Order flowers and send appropriate communications for remembrances of illness, funerals or other situations.
- Assist with additional tasks as directed.
- College degree and/or at least four years of related work experience reporting to senior executive level management with proficiency in computers and various office technology.
- Ability to work efficiently, in an organized manner, with little or no supervision in an extremely fast-paced, high-stress environment.
- Professional demeanor and appearance with use of good judgment and ability to work with senior managers and the board.
- Responsible and dependable.
- Discrete and able to handle highly confidential information.
- Possess excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Objective and open to the viewpoint of others; able to offer suggestions when appropriate and welcome feedback; contribute to building a positive team and support team efforts to succeed.
- Must treat people with respect, keep commitments, and accept responsibility for own actions, inspire the trust of others, work with integrity, and uphold organizational values.
- Continuously pursue training and development opportunities to build knowledge and skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint, to maintain programs, documents and spreadsheets developed by the cooperative and other related entities.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must possess a valid Kansas driver’s license and ability to drive/travel out of the immediate area.
Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
VEC reserves the right to revise or change the job description as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
We have a competitive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance. A defined benefit pension plan with an age 62 retirement that has a lump-sum payout. We also have a defined contribution 401k plan. Other benefits include, life insurance, short and long-term disability, business travel insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, and paid sick leave. Some other benefits available are Aflac, Section 125 Cafeteria Plan, and MetLife.
Pre-employment drug screening and physical, criminal background check, and motor vehicle check is required. Victory Electric is an equal opportunity action employer. Position opened until filled. Individuals should mail/fax/email their cover letter, résumé, & application (found here) to: Victory Electric Cooperative • PO Box 1335 • Dodge City, KS 67801 • Fax: 620.227.8948 • Email: email@example.com. No phone calls please.